The Ultimate Diaper Bag Checklist: Don't Leave Home Without These Items.
The moment you become a parent, it seems like you suddenly need to carry a million things with you everywhere you go. 😅If you're like most parents, you've probably spent hours searching for the perfect diaper bag that's both functional and stylish. Once you've found the bag that suits your needs and personality, what should you pack inside it to ensure you're always prepared for whatever the day throws your way? We've compiled a list of diaper bag must-haves to keep you and your little one comfortable and prepared.
1. Diapers: Bring enough diapers to last one full day or more if you will be out for an extended period of time. Depending on our baby's age, this may be anywhere from 6 to 12 diapers. It's always better to bring more that you need, just in case.
2. Wipes: A travel-sized pack of wipes or a dispenser that fits in your bag is essential for cleaning up messes on the go. Look for wipes that are gentle on your baby's skin and free of harsh chemicals.
3. Changing pad: Some diaper bags come with a changing pad, but if yours doesn't, bring your own. You'll need a clean surface to change your baby, and using a changing pad can help prevent messes and protect your little one from germs.
4. Nursing cover or formula and bottles: Depending on how you choose to feed your baby, you'll need either a nursing cover or formula and bottles. If you're breastfeeding, a nursing cover can provide privacy and help your baby stay focused. If you're formula feeding, bring enough formula and bottles to last for the duration of your outing.
5. Water bottles and medication (if any): Staying hydrated is crucial for both you and your baby (6 months & over), especially during outings. Pack water bottles to ensure you and your little one have enough to drink throughout the day. Additionally, if your baby requires any medication, be sure to pack it securely in your diaper bag, along with any necessary administering tools, following your healthcare provider's instructions.
6. Extra clothes and burp cloth: Accidents happen, so it's always a good idea to pack a change of clothes for your baby and ensure they are appropriate for the weather. Throw in more than one burp cloth to catch spit-up or to clean up baby when necessary.
7. Blanket: Bring along a blanket to keep baby shielded from the elements while on-the-go. Look for a lightweight, soft blanket that's easy to pack and carry.
8. Hand sanitizer: We all know that maintaining clean hands is vital when caring for a baby. Keep a travel-sized hand sanitizer in your diaper bag for those moments when you can't access soap and water. Choose a sanitizer with a high alcohol content to effectively kill germs and remember to use it before and after diaper changes, feedings, or any other interactions with your baby to help minimize the spread of germs.
The key to a successful outing with your baby is being prepared. By packing these essential items in your diaper bag, you'll have everything you need to handle any situation that comes your way. So don't leave home without them!
We want to hear from you. 👂What's one diaper bag essential that you can't leave home without? Drop your must-have item in the comments below! 👇 Or tell us anything we missed!
😍🎒Searching for the perfect diaper bag? Look no further! Explore our fabulous collection here.